Anything that can be thrown into a foil packet and heated on the grill is a winning recipe for me.
It is because of this firm belief in foil packet grilling as the solution to all kitchen clean-up that I couldn’t wait to try these three cheese grilled potatoes for our cookout this weekend.
I was inspired by my best friend to give this recipe a shot.
My husband and kids tend to be of the belief that “potatoes should only be french fries or mashed.”
I find myself hesitating to waste my time and effort on potatoes, but if someone else wants to put in the time and effort…I am totally on board!
Of course, my family absolutely loved these and I couldn’t wait to make them at home for my family.
The flavor of these can be adjusted to your own personal taste.
I substituted turkey bacon for the regular bacon and added fresh parsley in lieu of fresh chives in mine.
No matter how you top them, make sure to remember to spray the tin foil well with nonstick cooking spray so you can enjoy every delicious bite.
To save grilling time, poke your potatoes with a fork and microwave them for five minutes.
Allow them to cool slightly and then dice for your foil packets.
These are a great make-ahead side dish when entertaining, and can be created and tucked in the refrigerator until your guests arrive.
I hope you enjoy these half as much as we did and special thanks to my best friend for getting us out of our sad fried/mashed potato rut.
|Three Cheese Grilled Potatoes
Recipe Type: Side
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
An easy foil-packed grilled potato that is loaded with cheese and bacon. It makes the perfect accompaniment to any grilled meat and is a cookout winner!
- 3 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Wash your potatoes and dry well. Prick each potato several times with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook for 5 minutes on high. Allow the potatoes to cool.
- Dice potatoes into 1″ cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced potatoes, Parmesan cheese, parsley, seasoned salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a double thickness of greased heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Dot with butter.
- Fold foil around potato mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Carefully open foil. Sprinkle the bacon cheeses over potato mixture. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Open carefully and enjoy with your favorite grilled meats.
Be sure to visit my other post today to find out how to make the perfect steak to go along with your delicious three cheese grilled potatoes. You won’t want to miss this Labor Day steak feast for six created with less than $100 in supplies!
Other great options for your grill: