Halloween is just around the corner and today I wanted to share a fun Minecraft Costume you can create for your very own little Minecraft-addict. DIY Minecraft costumes are fun to make with your kids and give you a chance to spend time together.
Do you have a Minecraft fan on your hands? Trick or treating in this easy diy Steve costume couldn’t be easier (or more fun). Snag the pdf files to transform a cardboard box into a fun mask.
My son and I made this Steve Halloween costume way back in 2013 together. This adorable little boy, in these pictures, is now in his junior year of high school and supporting a mustache.
My, how time flies!
When I look back on these pictures, they fill me with a lot of joy because we did this together. While my daughter is ALWAYS game for a diy project, my son is far less interested in crafting with his old mom.
Luckily, his Halloween costume request was just what we needed to enjoy a day of crafting together.
If you are looking for an affordable minecraft costume, this post is just your ticket. Not only am I sharing our homemade Steve costume with you, I’m also sharing several other costume ideas for your Minecraft obsessed kid.
How to Make a Minecraft Steve Costume for Halloween
1- 11x11x11 box (This size is NOT available at Walmart. We got ours at FedEx, but you can try Kinkos or the UPS store)
Minecraft Steve Printables– PDF’s printed on 11×17 paper (either print at home or have them printed at the same shipping/printing supplies stores that I have listed above)
Glue Stick and/or glue gun & glue sticks
Paper Trimmer or Scissors
Aqua Blue Shirt
1. Print out your Minecraft Steve Head printables. I put these files on a jump drive and brought them to Kinkos with me and asked them to print the files on 11×17 paper.
Read through this comment thread for printing options. It appears that UPS Store is the most affordable of the options.
You can also print at home or try printing the files on smaller paper and piecing them together to save on costs. Feel free to also share your own experience with printing these by leaving a comment below!
2. Begin by taping together the bottom of you box. Once the bottom of your box is taped, you can begin folding in the flaps of the box on the other end, to create a hole for your child’s head.
3. Using a paper trimmer or scissors begin trimming off any of the white portions on the printables.
4. Cover the backside of the first printable with glue. We found the glue stick provided a great start and then I reinforced it, using my glue gun, with little dabs of hot glue along the seam underneath.
5. Repeat the above process and finish with Steve’s hair on top, carefully gluing the edges of the hair down around the top of the box with a little hot glue to secure.
6. Have an adult cut the holes out for Steve’s eyes and wear your new Steve head proudly. Pair it with an aqua t-shirt and blue jeans to complete the look.
If you think that Halloween is just for kids, you aren’t doing it right.
Here was our couple’s costume from 2013
We sure do love Halloween around here! You can check out our favorite couples costume ideas over here. My husband sure does make a dashing Sue Sylvester! Yes, we get into it just as much as the kids do. And why shouldn’t we?
Looking for more fun DIY Minecraft Costume Ideas? Check out these fun ideas!
Easy Painted Steve Head
Iron Sword & Diamond Pickaxe Printables
DIY Minecraft Wither Skeleton Costume
DIY Minecraft Zombie Costume
Telescoping Minecraft Creeper Costume
DIY Minecraft Costume Printable
20 Amazing Minecraft Costume Ideas (for some extra Minecraft-y inspiration)
And why shouldn’t YOU?
here are a few other halloween diy ideas you might like to try this year!
If you are still looking for fun Halloween ideas, you must visit this DIY Halloween Costume Ideas article and this list of 7 More DIY Halloween Costumes to try creating. Happy Halloween, friends!