Did you know that it is possible to make big batches of toasted cheese sandwiches in no time flat? Today I want to share with you my secret for making a big batch of toasted cheese sandwiches in your oven which is one of my best little hostess party trick for entertaining a crowd. You can also refer to it as your lunch lady trick. I am a little bit of both of those around here.
One of our favorite ways to entertain in the Fall months is with a big pot of soup or chili and a loaf of crusty bread or grilled cheese sandwiches. If you are entertaining a crowd, manning the griddle for a big group can take you away from really enjoying your guests and honoring a million different types of cheese or sandwich filler requests can also be overwhelming. Instead of doing that, try this strategy for toasting up your sandwiches
It is so easy that it is embarrassing to provide a recipe for you. Simply butter both slices of bread, stick your favorite cheese or add-in’s into the sandwich, cook at 450 for 6-8 minutes, flip and then cook for 6-8 more minutes. The end.
What you will get it is super HOT toasted cheese sandwiches, evenly toasted bread on the outside, and the gooey cheese inside you are after.
I hope you can give this trick a try in your kitchen!
Big Batch Toasted Cheese Sandwiches
An easy way to make toasted cheese sandwiches for a crowd
- 12 slices of bread
- 6 slices cheese (choose your favorite)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Butter each side of the bread slices with butter and place on a baking sheet.
- Place cheese on each slice of bread.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes at 450.
- Flip the sandwiches, and bake an additional 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Side Note- You can double this recipe if needed!