Amy’s French Toast

Amy’s French Toast

Note- Whole grain bread can be substituted for the white bread, although white bread is the less expensive option if money is tight! You can also freeze the leftovers for another day. Simply place the pieces between wax paper and layer inside a freezer bag. These can then be microwaved or they can be placed in the toaster oven for a fast breakfast.

Amy’s French Toast
Serves Six to Eight

1 loaf of white bread
6 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Beat together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, & cinnamon. Melt a little butter in a nonstick skillet on a medium heat. Dip bread in the egg mixture (on both sides) and drop the bread into the skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side.

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value): Calories 168kcal; Protein 7g (13%); Total Fat 13g (20%)(Sat. 7g (33%)); Chol. 233mg (78%); Carb. 6g (2%); Fiber 0g (2%); Sugars 5g; Calcium 50mg (5%); Iron 1mg (7%)

Published February 26, 2007 by:

Amy Allen Clark is the founder of You can read all about her here.

comments powered by Disqus