Thursday - Fulfill Family and Friend Obligations
You know that we all have these obligations that get pushed away until the last
minute. Well, now you have a day just to work towards making these obligations obsolete.
You can use this time to devote towards giving back to your community or simply
giving back to your family.
Thursday night is our family night and so I always make a homemade pizza for us
and we watch our television shows together and visit. Thursday during the day I
try to get together with family or friends or just spend a little quality time with
just my son.
Ideas for Tasks to Accomplish:
- Return any phone calls to family and friends. Also use this time to get in touch
with old friends whom you haven't heard from in awhile. This is a great time to
rekindle some of those lost friendships.
- Catch up on your email. Some of us our faithful emailers and others of us are not
great about keeping in touch through email. Those of you who do not take the time
to do this will now have a day where you can try to catch up with people. I usually
try to take advantage of doing this while my son is napping because it requires a little more concentration for me than a phone call.
- Send out cards to those who are ill or elderly family members who may need a little
- Prepare a meal for someone else or invite family over to enjoy a meal with you.
This is a great way to get in some quality time with others or to give back to those
who may need your help.
- Find a community service project to be involved in. Check Volunteer Match for places in your area who are looking for
volunteers just like you.