My kids will be beginning their school year in just a couple of short weeks. I am so sad to see our summer come to an end, but also love their excitement and enthusiasm to get back to their favorite friends and learning.
With beginning the school year comes the challenge of making lunchtime fun for my kids. Sandwiches are our usual lunchbox standby, but I thought it would be fun to step out of the sandwich box, so to speak, and offer my kids another fun lunch that could be made and prepared ahead for our busy mornings.
These Asian Lunchbox Noodles fit the lunch bill perfectly! They can be made ahead, are great at any temperature, and you can add your child’s favorite flavors to them to spice them up. Tuck these into a reuseable Glad container or prepare these for any easy weeknight meal when extracurricular activities can wreak havoc on the evening routines. These noodles are great anytime and a great solution for any lunch or dinner.
- 1 pound linguine, cooked
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼- ½ cup peanut butter (depending on your preference)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup Shredded Carrots
- Cook your linguine noodles as directed on the packaging. Reserve a little of the pasta water to help thin your sauce, if needed.
- Blend garlic in a food processor until fine.
- Add soy sauce, oils, vinegar, and brown sugar. Add enough peanut butter to make slightly thick. Add reserved pasta water, if needed, to thin the sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add to pasta and toss with shredded carrots.
- If desired, you can top with chopped peanuts, sesame seeds, or grilled chicken strips.
This is just one example of the great things you will discover this month over on the Glad site. If you would like to see some of my fun ideas including my favorite bubble recipe, homemade play dough, homemade sidewalk chalk, and snag some great free printables to add a little sparkle to your child’s lunchbox, be sure to join Glad’s Facebook Community and click on Glad’s Mom Made tab for tips and tricks to manage the back-to-school madness. Head over to Glad to get the full scoop on all of these fantastic ideas to get your school year started out right.