*This post is sponsored by Mrs. Butterworth
I am excited to share with you that I have partnered with Mrs. Butterworth today for a fun family prize pack giveaway and to share about their sweet-stakes they are hosting for their fans through April 30th! Lucky for us, I am not only giving away a prize pack for our MomAdvice readers, but I am showing you a fun new recipe you can try to put that wonderful prize pack to work in your kitchen.
This month, Mrs. Butterworth’s has teamed up with Busch Gardens to generate some more fun around the dinner table. They have launched a Family Fun Sweet-stakes where you can enter to win a trip to one of the Busch Garden parks. You can read all about their fun contest here! This contest inspired me so much that I knew I had to head to my kitchen and create something in honor of it.
I have always been a syrup-loving girl. For years, we have made it a family tradition to indulge in, what we lovingly call, “Jazzy Sunday.” Jazzy Sunday amounts to throwing on a few jazz records and making waffles and pancakes drenched in syrup for a delicious Sunday brunch.
With eating gluten-free, I have found that it takes a lot of practice to replicate my favorite pancake and waffle recipes. I began to think about the fluffiest waffles I had ever made and it was an overnight waffle recipe that my best friend shared with me years ago. I started wondering if I could replicate this with a gluten-free waffle recipe. Low and behold, after a few experiments, I found it is possible to make fluffy-as-air waffles with the overnight technique of warm milk, frothy yeast, and easy all-purpose gluten-free flour.
The batter is still dense, but it yields a fluffy waffle that no one will ever know is missing the gluten. When topped with fresh berries and Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup, it is truly a Sunday treat that will make your own, “Jazzy Sunday,” complete.
In honor of this fun contest, Mrs. Butterworth’s gave me a Family Fun Breakfast Kit that include goodies from Mrs. Butterworth’s and Busch Gardens, as well as jungle animal-themed pancake pans, perfect for the explorer in the family. If you don’t win it here though, they will also be giving away a Family Fun Breakfast kits every two weeks during this contest so there are some great chances you can win there too!
Enter our giveaway of one Family Fun Breakfast Kit using our Rafflecopter widget below and let us know one of your favorite breakfast traditions and LIKE Mrs. Butterworth’s for an additional entry! I will be selecting one winner on April 3rd so be sure to get those entries in! Grab the recipe for Gluten-Free Overnight Waffles below!
- 2¼ cups milk (or dairy substitute)
- 2.25 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Better Batter in this)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, gluten-free
- Warm milk and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat just until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once to a lukewarm temperature, add dry yeast and sugar to the milk and let sit until the yeast is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the salt and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Cover tightly and keep at room temperature overnight (don't refrigerate).
- When you are ready to cook the waffles, preheat waffle griddle, stir in the beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour ⅔ cup of the batter on the griddle (or enough to cover the surface) and bake until golden.
- Serve with fresh fruit and Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup.