Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream With DIY Conversation Heart Toppers
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup skim milk, well chilled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup red velvet cake mix
- Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. Chill the freezer bowl for a minimum of 24 hours.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Whisk in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes). Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate freezer-safe container.
- Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden (at least three hours).
- Serve with your favorite sundae toppings.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/01/red-velvet-cake-batter-ice-cream