Dairy-Free Crustless Quiche
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- Dairy-Free Crustless Quiche
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped if desired
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 pint cherry mushrooms, sliced in half
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain rice milk
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and heat for one minute.
- Toss in chopped bell peppers and mushrooms and cook for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder, rice or almond milk, salt, paprika, and black pepper.
- Stir in the sauteed vegetables and fresh spinach, and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased pie pan.
- Place the sliced cherry tomatoes on top, cut side down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to set up for at least five minutes.
- Cut and then serve immediately.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/01/dairy-free-crustless-quiche