Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lite corn syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Grease a baking sheet & set aside.
- In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Cook in microwave for six minutes on high (keep one eye on it to make sure it isn’t bubbling over or burning the nuts). The mixture should be bubbly and the peanuts should be brown.
- Stir in butter & vanilla; cook for two to three more minutes.
- Quickly stir in baking soda, just until the mixture is foamy.
- Pour immediately onto greased cookie sheet.
- Let cool for fifteen minutes or until set. Break into pieces.
- If packaging for gifts, leave the brittle in tact and package with a hammer for gift-giving.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/12/easy-microwave-peanut-brittle