Cranberry Crunch Pie Topping
Author: Adapted from Tyler Florence
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup pecans
- 4 ounces frozen cranberries
- 1 (2.3-ounce) package amaretto cookies (about 12) or (if your store doesn't carry those, like mine) Vanilla Wafers (about 12)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Put the pecans on a baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes to toast them.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Thaw the cranberries in a strainer set over a bowl to catch the liquid.
- Put the cookies, pecans, and cranberries into a food processor and pulse them a few times until they are coarsely chopped.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over your pie and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/11/dressing-up-store-bought-pies-cranberry-crunch-pie-topping