White Chicken Chili
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (I do omit this and add 1 teaspoon onion powder instead)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small pinch of cayenne pepper (or adjust to your own personal taste)
- 3-4 cups chicken broth (depending on how thick you like your chili)
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern white beans, drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (for topping, optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender (a few minutes).
- Chop or shred the meat from your rotisserie chicken for your soup.
- Mix in the chicken broth, chicken, and two cans of white beans.
- Reserve the third can of beans as a thickener to your chilly. Mash these beans or blend with an immersion blender. Add this can of beans to your chlii broth. Stir well.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Ladle into individual bowls and top with cheese, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/11/white-chicken-chili