Roasted Corn Salsa
Author: Adapted from All You Magazine
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 6 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 onions, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (depending on how spicy you like your salsa)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat a broiler or prepare a charcoal fire and let burn to a gray ash.
- Place corn on a broiling pan or grill set about 6 inches from heat source.
- Cook, turning often, until kernels have softened and are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then cut off kernels from each ear (you'll have about 3 cups).
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce. Add parsley and stir well. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chip.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/09/roasted-corn-salsa