The Perfect Mojito
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Drink
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons of prepared simple syrup (see directions below)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces white rum
- ½ cup club soda
- Place mint leaves and 2 lime wedges into a sturdy glass jar.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice. If you don’t have a muddler like me, just use the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and your prepared sugar syrup, and muddle again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water.
- Stir, taste, and add more prepared sugar syrup, if desired.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/07/the-perfect-mojito