Mac & Cheese Bites
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 cups butter cracker crumbs (such as Ritz)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (5.2 oz.) package Boursin garlic herb cheese
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until just shy of al dente.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease standard size muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, ½ cup of the shredded cheese, and melted butter and mix with a fork until combined.
- Spoon a bit of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin well and tamp down with the flat bottom of a glass or other.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add it to a large mixing bowl with the remaining shredded cheese, the boursin and cold butter.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the eggs, milk, and sour cream and whisk to combine. Add the liquid mixture to the bowl with the pasta.
- Stir in the salt and red pepper flakes and mix until evenly combined.
- Divide the macaroni mixture between the prepared muffin wells.
- Bake until light golden, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the muffin pans at least 10-15 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan and serve warm.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Follow the directions above, but do not bake the macaroni bites. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight. Bake as instructed.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/07/art-gallery-birthday-party