Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies
Author: Adapted from Weelicious.com
Serves: 3 dozen
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Cups Semisweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt Flakes or Kosher Salt (for sprinkling on top)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a standing or hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Stir the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the flour to the butter/sugar mixture until combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips mixing well until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press down each cookie and top with a few flakes of sea salt.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and serve.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/05/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-sea-salt-cookies