Honey Bun Cake
Author: Adapted from The Cake Mix Doctor
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- For filling: ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- For sugar glaze: 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9" pan with cooking spray.
- Place the cake mix, sour cream canola oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Blend on low speed for one minute. Increase speed and then beat another two minutes.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Add your filling. Drizzle the honey on top of the batter, then sprinkle your brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Swirl your topping through the cake to blend them slightly.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes (mine took about 44 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool.
- Prepare your glaze of sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Pour your glaze over the top of the hot cake and spread it over the cake with a spoon.
- Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes before cutting it into squares.
- Serve the cake warm with big glasses of milk.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/04/honey-bun-cake