Chicken Pesto Open-Faced Flatbread Sandwich
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound diced grilled chicken (see my notes above for recommended preparation)
- 1 cup Italian Cheese Blend shredded cheese
- ½ cup jarred pesto
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a jar, mix together the pesto, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Set aside.
- Turn on your oven's broiler to high.
- On a cookie sheet, top individual flatbreads with a handful of shredded Italian cheese (approximately ¼ cup each).
- Broil the flatbread for two minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top each flatbread with grilled chicken, lettuce, and fresh tomato slices.
- Finish each flatbread off with a generous dollop of your pesto drizzle.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/04/chicken-pesto-open-faced-flatbread-sandwich