Author: Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Recipe type: Main
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1½ cups chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs
- 4 cups cubed day-old bread
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, zucchini, ham, green peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and cream until smooth.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in the bread, cheese, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture.
- Pour into two greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/04/ham-and-vegetable-breakfast-strata