Double Tomato Bruschetta
Author: Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, stems removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your baguette into ¾ inch slices.
- On a cookie sheet, arrange your baguette in a single layer. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Broil for 2 minutes, until just slightly brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes (or as long as three hours).
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices.
- Top the slices with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/03/double-tomato-brushetta