Baked Snickerdoodle Donuts
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups cake flour (or 1¾ cup all-purpose flour + ¼ cup cornstarch)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cinnamon & Sugar Topping: ¼ cup of butter, melted
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the cake flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Pour in the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Gently mix the ingredients together. Be careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the doughnut pan, filling each one halfway (you should get twelve donuts total)
- Bake the doughnuts at 400 F for eight minutes. The donuts will remain light in color, but should spring back when pressed.
- Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Unmold each donut gently and lightly brush each with the 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Dunk in a bowl with the sugar and cinnamon mixed in.
- Shake off excess sugar and serve immediately.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/03/baked-snickerdoodle-doughnuts