Author: Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Recipe type: Main
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- Old Bay Seasoning (a generous sprinkle)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 pita breads, cut in half
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and your feta cheese.
- Season with cayenne pepper (optional), black pepper and salt.
- Mix until well blended, then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the skillet, and season with Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Saute until browned on each side, and fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Warm pita breads in the toaster or in the microwave to soften. Open from the cut side to make pockets.
- Fill pita bread halves with tilapia fillets, then spoon in some of the feta cheese sauce.
- Serve with your favorite fruits and vegetables for a yummy fresh side dish.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/03/tilapia-pitas