Fluffy and Light Pumpkin Pancakes
Author: Adapted from my Martha Stewart Cookbook
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, melted butter, and egg.
- Fold mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spray or grease a skillet and heat over medium heat: pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side. This recipe makes six 6-inch pancakes.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2009/10/fluffy-light-pumpkin-pancakes