Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Orzo
Author: Adapted from Allrecipes.com
Recipe type: Side
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place basil leaves and sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor.
- Pulse 4 or 5 times until blended.
- In a large bowl, toss together the orzo, basil-tomato mixture, olive oil, the zest of one lemon, the juice of one lemon, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/02/sun-dried-tomato-basil-orzo