Roasted Shrimp With Rosemary & Thyme
- 6 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 large fresh rosemary sprigs, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 lb. extra-large shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- Reserved Pasta Water (a ladle or two)
- Kosher salt
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour the oil into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add the thyme, rosemary, 1 tsp. pepper, and zest of one lemon, and bake until the oil mixture is fragrant, about 12 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the dish and toss with tongs until coated. Bake the shrimp until pink and firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, ½ tsp. salt, and juice of one lemon; toss well, and let rest at room temperature until the oil cools slightly, about 5 minutes. Discard the herbs.
- Prepare your pasta or rice. If preparing pasta, toss your pasta with the shrimp and oil, adding a ladle or two of pasta water to create your sauce. Serve immediately.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2012/01/roasted-shrimp-with-rosemary-thyme