Berry Quinoa Parfait
Author: Amy Clark
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup (or more) of your favorite berries (I love blueberries & strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Use my directions for cooking quinoa as a basic (linked to above) or follow package directions adding the vanilla and cinnamon to your water. Allow to cool.
- Mix the greek yogurt and honey together in a small bowl.
- Using a spoon add a ⅓ of the yogurt mixture into your glass.
- Top with ⅓ of sliced strawberries and blueberries then add ⅓ of the quinoa. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Repeat with the remaining yogurt, berries, quinoa and almonds until you have three layers.
- Finish with your mint leaves.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/05/berry-quinoa-parfait