Slow Cooker Mexican Black Beans
Author: Amy Clark
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, or 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes (ADD AT THE END)
- Follow the instructions for sorting, rinsing, brining, and then rinsing again as I have outlined above.
- Put the drained beans into your slow cooker, then add the chopped garlic, broth, cumin, and chili powder. Stir well to combine.
- Set on LOW for six to eight hours in your slow cooker (see above for recommended slow cooker sizes based on pounds).
- Once they are done, stir in diced tomatoes and season.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/04/slow-cooker-mexican-black-beans