Mrs. Butterworth Sweet-Stakes Giveaway & Gluten-Free Overnight Waffles
Author: Amy Clark
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2¼ cups milk (or dairy substitute)
- 2.25 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Better Batter in this)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, gluten-free
- Warm milk and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat just until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once to a lukewarm temperature, add dry yeast and sugar to the milk and let sit until the yeast is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the salt and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Cover tightly and keep at room temperature overnight (don't refrigerate).
- When you are ready to cook the waffles, preheat waffle griddle, stir in the beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour ⅔ cup of the batter on the griddle (or enough to cover the surface) and bake until golden.
- Serve with fresh fruit and Mrs. Butterworth’s Syrup.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/03/mrs-butterworth-sweet-stakes-giveaway-gluten-free-overnight-waffles