Gluten-Free Snickerdoodle Cake
Author: Amy Clark
- 1 package (15 ounces) yellow gluten-free cake mix
- ¼ cup (half of a 3.4 ounce package) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- For frosting: 1 stick butter, softened
- 3¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, cinnamon, milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between two pans and place in oven side-by-side.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Allow to cool.
- For the icing, beat butter until fluffy. Add all other ingredients.
- To assemble cake, place one layer on your cake stand. Spread the top with the cinnamon frosting.
- Place the next layer on top and cover the top and sides with frosting.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/03/gluten-free-snickerdoodle-cake