A Traditional Spanish Lentil and Chorizo Stew
Author: Diana Bauman
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 cup dried lentils
- Spanish Chorizo Sausage, sliced in coins (about 1½ cups)
- ½ green pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, whole and smashed
- 2 roma tomatoes, whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika, pimenton
- 3 russet potatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup white Basmati rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large handfuls dark leafy greens
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add the lentils, chorizo sausage, green peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and bay leaves. Cover all the ingredients with water so that it covers them by 1-2 inches.
- Add the olive oil then bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes add the potatoes, rice, and salt and simmer for an additional 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the rice is cooked through.
- As soon as all the ingredients are cooked through, add the dark leafy greens and serve right away.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/04/a-lentil-stew-anyway-you-want-it