Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Author: Amy Clark
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 6-8 sweet potatoes, scrubbed & pricked with a fork
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1 (4 pound) Boston butt (or pork shoulder)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Place the pork meat in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily (approximately 8-10 hours).
- Shred the meat and drain the root beer from the slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and toss gently.
- Preheat your oven for 400 degrees.
- Rub your cleaned sweet potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Do not wrap in foil, so you can get a crisp skin.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon the size of your potatoes.
- Let potatoes rest for five minutes. Cut a slit in the top and stuff with the pulled pork.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/01/pulled-pork-stuffed-sweet-potatoes