Naturally Sweetened, Einkorn Pumpkin Bars
Author: Diana Bauman
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbls pure maple syrup
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Butter and flour a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the einkorn flour, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the eggs, honey, butter, and pumpkin puree over low speed. A 3 on my KitchenAid.
- /4 cup at a time, add the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 9" x 13" pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and butter. Mix together over medium speed until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and powdered sugar. Mix on low until mixed through then raise the speed to medium to cream together.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2014/02/einkorn-flour-naturally-sweetened-pumpkin-bars