Fresh Peach Sorbet
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 pounds fresh peaches (any variety)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lightly beaten egg white
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- In a small heavy saucepan heat sugar and water, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool syrup.
- Cut and pit your peaches, leaving skins intact.
- Add the peaches to your food processor and purée until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add syrup and lemon juice.
- Chill the mixture until cold.
- Stir in egg white and vodka.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and run as directed (I churned mine for about 15 minutes).
- Serve sorbet immediately or transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden for a few hours.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/07/fresh-peach-sorbet