Rotini With Turkey Meatballs
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Italian Herbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages (remove the casings)
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden chunky garlic
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, garlic, herbs,salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine.
- Make your meatballs the standard size and put them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a large pot, heat your olive oil and then add your chunky garlic paste for about thirty seconds. Next, heat chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and then add the meatball mixture and two tablespoons of basil to the dish. Toss lightly to incorporate.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/06/cooking-with-kids-rotini-with-turkey-meatballs