10 Minute Fish Tacos
Author: Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook
Recipe type: Main
- 1- 16 ounce bag of frozen tilapia (or your favorite white fish), thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (found over by the seafood counter)
- 1½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- Salsa (optional)
- Taco shells or tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish crosswise into ¾ inch slices and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the fish with the olive oil and seasonings, giving it a gentle toss until all of the fish has been thoroughly coated in the spice mixture.
- Dump the prepared fish on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, adjusting the pieces of fish so that none are overlapping.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- To serve, spoon lettuce and tomato into each taco shell, add fish slices, and top with salsa.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/04/10-minute-fish-tacos