Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pound dry penne pasta
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, roasted & seasoned with Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning (see link above for preparation technique)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried and
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare chicken as directed above. Allow the meat to rest ten minutes and then dice or shred for your pasta salad.
- Prepare your lettuce and tomatoes and toss them into a large bowl with the cooled chicken.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a bowl, mix together salad dressing, vinegar, and seasonings. Toss together pasta, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and dressing mixture.
- Garnish with croutons and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/04/chicken-caesar-pasta-salad