Pecan-Crusted Chicken Tenders With Yogurt Dill Dip
Author: Adapted from Clean Eating for Busy Families: Get Meals on the Table in Minutes with Simple and Satisfying Whole-Foods Recipes You and Your Kids Will Love
Recipe type: Main
- ½ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound chicken tenders, larger pieces cut in half lengthwise
- For dip:
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whir pecans, flour, paprika, dry mustard, garlic and onion powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor until pecans are ground to a powder, about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle in the oil with the motor running, blending completely. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish and stir in the panko bread crumbs.
- Beat egg in a second shallow dish and add chicken tenders, coating them completely. Transfer each tender to the breading, turning to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and nearly firm, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir all dip ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve and eat immediately.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/04/pecan-crusted-chicken-tenders-with-yogurt-dill-dip