Quinoa-Berry Breakfast Bowls
Author: Adapted from Camille Styles
Recipe type: Main
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Toppings (whatever you favorite topping combination is)
- In a large saucepan, combine steel-cut oats, salt and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes without stirring.
- Rinse quinoa well in a fine-mesh sieve.
- Drain and add quinoa to the oats, give it a quick stir, then partially cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and add vanilla to your saucepan. Stir gently to combine and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with remaining milk, maple syrup and toppings.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/03/quinoa-berry-breakfast-bowls