Weeknight Chicken Noodle Soup
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- 2-3 cups egg noodles (I like the Ream’s brand in the frozen foods section)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 3 chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook until tender.
- Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the carrots and celery in two tablespoons of olive oil for five minutes to start your soup base. Add garlic at the end (to prevent burning)
- Add your rotisserie chicken and any drippings form the chicken to the pot, directly on top of your vegetables. Pour your chicken broth directly over the chicken to incorporate all of the good flavors.
- Heat up broth and bring it to a simmer.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Pull out your chicken and set aside to dice.
- Gradually add the cornstarch to soup, stirring constantly.
- Stir in noodles and diced rotisserie chicken, and heat through.
- Toss in a handful of fresh chopped parsley and ladle into bowls.
Recipe by The Motherload at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/02/weeknight-chicken-noodle-soup-2