How to Roast a Spaghetti Squash
Author: Amy Allen Clark
Recipe type: Main
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Be sure to exercise caution and use a sharpened chef's knife for the task since this vegetable is a tough one to slice.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds from the squash.
- Brush the flesh with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Invert your squash on the cooking sheet, flesh side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Pull the squash out and carefully flip your squash so that the flesh is now upright. Bake again for ten more minutes.
- Pull the squash out and let it rest for 10-20 minutes. The resting is very important so that the strings of flesh pull out and look like noodles.
- Taking a fork gently glide it inside the flesh of the squash and pull the fork down lengthwise, separating the flesh from the skin.
- Top the spaghetti squash strands with your favorite pasta toppings or incorporate it in your recipes. See notes above for freezer storage.
Recipe by MomAdvice at http://momadvice.com/blog/2013/02/how-to-roast-a-spaghetti-squash