Somehow the top of the hamper got a tear in it and I noticed weird pieces of fuzzy stuff lurking all over my daughter’s room. It appears that someone in our house had now made it a mission to pick out the foam interior and shred it all over their room. I can’t say who this person was, but I am pretty sure that I can narrow it down to two little people. It was becoming necessary to replace this item or fix it.
I did happen to have some vinyl fabric leftover from recovering my dining chairs so I thought I could use some of this excess fabric and recover the top of the hamper.
Within a half hour, I had the whole thing apart and had recovered the top with the pretty chocolate fabric.
The hamper is still very stretched out and I doubt I have more than a year before it will be completely worthless, but I bought myself a year to look for a new one while I am at the thrift store. This was completely worth the time and effort and I can’t wait to keep my eyes peeled at our stores to find a good deal on a new one.
Operation Foam Destruction has been disabled!